The TTF’s Program is designed to build transactional capabilities in technology transfer by adopting an integrated approach that engages researchers and local and international technology transfer practitioners in Serbia.
Technology Transfer Facility Program
The Innovation Fund, as an organizational unit, established the Technology Transfer Facility (TTF). The task of the TTF is to support local Technology Transfer Offices, research and development organizations, as well as other organizations that support innovation, with the aim of increasing their ability and efficiency in the commercialization of inventions.
The TTF fulfils its mandate through the implementation of the Technology Transfer Program (TTF Program). The mandate of the TTF is fulfilled through its TTF Program – a support program designed for the R&D community in Serbia. The TTF Program helps local TTOs and other R&D organizations to identify research with commercial potential and focus on the transactional aspect of technology transfer. To that end, the TTF deploy the following Service lines:
- Eliciting disclosures from researchers;
- Screening technology commercial readiness (Triage);
- Funding the proof of commercial readiness activities to move the technology closer to the required technology readiness levels (financial support in the maximum amount of EUR 50.000);
- Determining commercialization strategy and tactics, including the need for additional commercial readiness funding either from IF funds or externally;
- Executing the commercialization strategy and tactics;
- Identifying potential commercialization partners;
- Negotiating and closing transactions (contracting) with such partners;
- Monitoring and follow-up of further commercialization tactics;
- Other relevant services such as Contract research, Service contracts for industry, IP landscape analysis, etc.
Besides providing commercialization support to academic and non-academic R&D institutions and private sector companies, the TTF can provide financial support to selected innovative projects coming from public academic R&D institutions in order to bring these projects to a higher commercialization readiness level. This financial support the TTF can grant is up to EUR 50,000 per awarded project, and the funds would be used to purchase goods and services necessary for finalizing additional R&D activities which would boost the project’s commercial readiness. Grants above EUR 20.000 will be awarded only if there is a commercial partner willing to commercialize the invention from the application, who will co-finance at least 30% of the development activities proposed by the Applicant.
Program conditions: in the Guidelines for Applicants
Applications must be submitted through the Innovation Fund online application portal.